Documentation - Home Page¶
Pygame GUI is a module to help you make graphical user interfaces in for games written in pygame. The module is firmly forward looking and is designed to work on Pygame 2 and Python 3. Some features may not work on earlier versions of pygame and its doubtful whether any of it works under Python 2.
- Theme-able UI elements/widgets - you can use JSON theme files to change the colours, fonts and other appearance related details of your UI without touching your code.
- A subset of HTML is supported for drawing word-wrapped text. Have bold styled words in the middle of a paragraph of text! Stick a link in there! Go absolutely hog wild, within the bounds of the defined subset of HTML the module supports.
- Buttons, text entry, scroll bars and drop down menus all supported, with more on the way.
- A window stack that will let you keep a bunch of moveable windows of ‘stuff’ around and correctly sorted.
- As closely respecting of the pygame way of doing things as possible.
Install the latest release from PyPi using pip with:
pip install pygame_gui -U
Or, you can build the latest version from GitHub here by downloading the source, navigating to the project’s directory (the one with setup.py in it) and then building it with:
python setup.py install pip install . -U